Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Taylor is on a soccer team this fall, and Jake is his coach. He loves to play as long as he can have his own ball. He is struggling a little bit with the fact that all the kids run after only one ball. When he does get out there and play, he is really good though. He is one of the youngest kids on his team, but he is one of the fastest. You can tell it is him by his white hair. Jake is a great coach. James loves to watch his brother play soccer. Jake lets him scrimmage with the kids at practice sometimes, and he gets right in there with them. He will be really good when he can play. He loves to dress up in Taylor's soccer clothes and shin pads then run around kicking the ball. We play soccer almost every day because he gets so into it. He really gets obsessed with what ever sport happens to be going on at the time. Now that football season is starting up, I bet we will be playing a lot of that. Grandpa Bird bought the boys some cowboy hats, and they love to wear them while riding their horses (my kitchen stools). They have such an imagination.
Taylor also had his first day of preschool.
He has been sooo excited to go to preschool, and ride the bus.
I am so proud of him. I can't believe how big he is getting.
He hugged all of us goodbye, and told us he would see us tomorrow. We thought that was funny. Jake was able to work from home today so he was able to be here.
We told Taylor he still had about fifteen minutes before the bus would be there and told him he could sit on the steps with us, but he wanted to stand on the curb so he wouldn't miss it. He stood there the whole fifteen minutes.
The bus finally came, and Taylor was so excited. I was a little choked up to see him leave on the bus. I can't believe it has come so fast.

2 comments:

Josh and Kelly said...

I love this post, what cute little boys and they are growing up so fast! Soccer, school buses... guess it's time to have another one huh guys? Jk, kind of :) You sure do make em cute!

Codi said...

I love watching little kids play any sport, so fun and so cute!

I love that he waited on the curb, he sure seemed excited, how cute! It's hard seeing your little ones go out on their own.

psst...I agree with the last comment! ;)