26.2 miles.
Jake ran in his first marathon a couple of weekends ago. I am so proud of him. He amazes me. He had so many set backs in the months leading up to his race. He had a stress fracture, pulled his hamstring, spranged his ankle, and we thought the race was a week later than it was. We had a hotel room and everything planned for the following week. A lady in our ward who was also doing the race called and informed me that it was in two days. So we canceled our hotel room and ended up having to take our camper because all the hotels were full. Jake had to get up at 4:30 in the morning to catch the bus. But after all of those set backs he did amazing. He ran it in 4 hours and 42 minutes.
He is a stud!!!
James ran along side of him for a little ways.
James ran along side of him for a little ways.
4 comments:
Way to go Jake!! I'll bet you're glad to have it done!
Good job Jake! That is crazy about all the setbacks, but that's what makes everything so much fun...after the fact! :) I love the painting of the faces too. I think we'll have to do that some time!
Love your blog!
Congratulations, Jacob! You look so good and we are happy for you.
So glad you are keeping yourself in such good shape.
I love how James is running with you!
Congratulations, Jacob! You look so good and we are happy for you.
So glad you are keeping yourself in such good shape.
I love how James is running with you!
Post a Comment